Griffin & his brothers

Three years old!

I can't believe my sweet boy is three! His birthday was Wednesday and we celebrated from then until Saturday. I will be sure to blog about the birthday parties (yes, plural)...but first I wanted to take a little time to capture some of Griffin's favorite things right now.

Common phrases:
  • "I can do it all by myself!"
  • "Watch my silly trick."
  • "Do you want to see my silly face?"
  • "I need to give you something--a big hug and a kiss!" (this one usually starts with "Momma" but occasionally is shared with others)
  • "Why...?" (this is asked about everything!)

Favorite foods:

  • peanut butter sandwiches
  • applesauce
  • pizza
  • spaghetti
  • ice cream (and most any kind of treat)

Favorite activities:

  • Playing cars, trucks, and trains
  • Baseball and basketball (we are beginning to add soccer to that list)
  • Hopscotch
  • Puzzles
  • Reading books
  • Watching TV (hate to put that in black and white, but it definitely ranks high on the list)

Favorite books:

  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Griffin has this book memorized almost verbatim and regularly "reads" it to me--so precious!)
  • The Little Engine that Could
  • Pat-a-Cake book of Nursery Rhymes
  • Any book about Lightning McQueen

Just a few of my favorite things about Griffin right now:

  • All of the hugs and kisses he gives me!
  • How he brings me his "finds" and tells me, "Momma, I got you this rock/flower/leaf to make you feel better."
  • How he stretches with me when I get back from a run or walk.
  • That he has regained his patience for the stroller and will go on long walks with me. It's so cute how he gets so excited to see the squirrels, chipmunks, birds, bunnies, and everything else we encounter on our walks.
  • When he tells me, "Momma, I will cooperate."

So grown up! Griffin is 38" tall and 37 pounds! He is proud of how big and strong he is getting. He asks us pretty frequently if we want to see his muscles. And many of his "silly tricks" look remarkably similar to yoga poses so I know he's building up those muscles!

No comments: