Griffin & his brothers

Happy Halloween!

In years past, I have either chosen for him or strongly persuaded Griffin when it comes to choosing a Halloween costume. But this year I decided to let him be whatever he wanted to be...and it came as no surprise that he wanted to be Lightning McQueen. I decided to take off from work on Halloween so that I could attend the festivities at Griffin's school and finish the twins' "costume" (more on that in a minute...). Here are some pictures I took in Griffin's classroom before the costume parade and Halloween party. I tried to come up with a really cute costume idea for Baylor and Hudson. I didn't want them to wear the exact same costume, but I thought it would be cute if they were things that went together. Some of the ideas I had were milk & cookies, Elmo & Cookie Monster, and Tigger & Pooh. But in the end, I decided that instead of making them coordinate with each other I would have them coordinate with Griffin. And so this idea was born... I spent a good part of the weekend turning cardboard boxes and the double stroller into Mater the Tow Truck. Of course, he had to be "Race Team Mater" from Cars 2 so he needed flames and a 95 on the side as well as the headphones and mic. I ran out of time before I got him just the way I wanted him (no rust, no working headlight, etc), but my little Lightning McQueen was very excited about having his pal Mater with him for trick-or-treating.

Griffin really loved trick-or-treating this year. It was getting pretty late and cold, but he kept asking to go to "just a couple more houses." We covered almost all of Forest Brook and didn't get home until about 8:00. He said several times that it was a great day and "I just love Halloween!" It was past the babies' bedtime when we got home, but I wanted to get pictures of them in their Halloween outfits since they'd been bundled up in the stroller. Hudson is our smiley baby and he had this big grin in several pictures, but he looks very serious in all of the pictures I took of all three of them together.

No comments: