Griffin & his brothers

Isle of Palms

We spent the week of June 16-23 at the beach in Isle of Palms, SC with Pop & Chaz, Bebe, Lacy & Max, Chaz's kids, Katie & Conner, and their two friends.  It was a wonderful week--perfect weather, a great house with a pool, the beautiful beach, and family to share it with. 

Since this was our first real trip with all the boys, I really wasn't sure how the week was going to go.  I was especially worried about Baylor since he hadn't liked the splash pad, kiddie pool, big pool, or sandbox so far.  I definitely didn't want to spend the whole week carrying him around.  But much to my surprise and relief, the beach and water quickly grew on him.  I did give him a towel to sit on the first day, but by the end of the day he was crawling around and digging in the sand.  Hudson loved it from the very beginning.  He would just get up and start walking down the beach or crawling out into the water only to have a wave come in and splash him in the face.  Trying to keep up with all three boys-who were often going in three different directions--was a challenge, but luckily we had plenty of extra hands around to help!

Griffin enjoyed digging in the sand, splashing in the ocean, and even riding the waves on the boogie board, but his first choice was the pool.  We could hardly drag him out of it at the end of each day.  He was already swimming well when we left home, but he was a little fish by the end of the week.  He had also been in a lot of water fights!

I could go on and on if I wrote about all the things we did over the week, but I decided I'd just make a slideshow and fight the urge to tell every detail.  So here it is...

No comments: