Griffin & his brothers

It's Fun to be Five!

First of all, I must say that I can't believe my baby is five years old!  It frustrates Griffin when I call him my baby--he always tells me that he's not a baby, but I tell him that he will always be my baby!

We started Griffin's birthday celebration a little early with pizza and presents at home with Pop, Chaz and Lacy on Friday night. 


On Saturday, his real birthday, Griffin started his day with a birthday wish with a doughnut. 
His party was at Putt-Putt Golf & Games in Farragut, and he had 11 little friends from school join him to celebrate the big day.







After a round of putt-putt, we moved inside for cake and ice cream...and the official birthday wish. 

Then we gave each party-goer tokens to play games (even Hudson got in on the action with a little help from Mimi).  The big kids had fun using their tokens to win tickets and then cashing in their winnings for prizes.
When we got home, Griffin opened the presents from his friends. 
Later that evening, we went to Moe's with Mimi, Papaw Al, Aunt Holly, Uncle Jason, Harper and Hollins for his birthday dinner.  Then we moved the celebration back to our house for the rest of his presents.  His big present from Mimi and Papaw Al was an inflatable Lightning McQueen that he can sit in while he plays his driving games on the Wii.

No comments: